WPien.com (hereinafter, “WPien,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) provides managed WordPress hosting services, software, and support through our website, and other related applications, services, and personnel (collectively, the “Services”). IF YOU ARE PURCHASING OR USING OUR SERVICES IN ANY WAY, PLEASE READ OUR TERMS OF SERVICE FOR DETAILED INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR LEGAL OBLIGATIONS.
After reading this Policy, if you have additional questions or would like further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Data We Collect And How We Use It
As further explained below, we collect and process personal data only for lawful reasons, such as when the processing is necessary to perform a contract, like the Terms of Service, and our legitimate business interests, such as improving, personalizing, marketing, and developing the Services and promoting safety and security.
Information You Provide to Us
Account and Payment Data: If you set up a WPien account through our Services or otherwise engage with WPien, you provide basic contact and/or account setup information, such as your name, email, address, company information, username, password, and payment information. Please note that we do not store your payment information, but the third-party payment processors we engage may retain your payment information in accordance with their own privacy policies and terms.
Website Comments and Posts: When you leave a comment, forum post, or contribute an article on our website, you have the option to provide a profile picture (or “Gravatar”), display name, website (URL), and other content or information at your option. Please note that any information you post to our website will be publicly available.
Inquiries and Other Data: When you contact us through our live chat, online contact form, or “Have a question?” portal on our website or through email or any other communication mechanism, you typically provide your name, email, the subject matter of your inquiry, and any other information you choose to provide at your option.
No Sensitive Information: Please do not provide any highly sensitive personal data when using the Services or communicating with us – such as social security numbers, health or medical information, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, or data concerning a person’s sex life or sexual orientation. We do not intentionally process highly sensitive personal data and reserve the right to reject or delete it.
- How We Use Data Provided By You:
- Provide, Improve, and Maintain the Services: We use the data you provide to set up your account, provide the Services, receive or make payments, and communicate with you about your account and the Services.
- Market the Services: We may use your information to market and promote our Services. You may opt-out of marketing communications at anytime by contacting us at email@example.com or clicking the “Unsubscribe” button in the applicable communication.
- Protect You and the Services: We use the information we collect to promote the safety and security of the Services, our clients, and other parties. For example, we may use your information to authenticate users, facilitate secure payments, protect against spam, fraud, and abuse, respond to a legal request or claim, conduct audits, or enforce our Terms of Service or other terms and policies that may be in effect.
Information We Collect Automatically
We collect certain information via cookies and similar automated means when you use the Services, some of which may be personal data. Cookies and similar technologies do not gather your unique personal data, like name, date of birth, gender, or email. Rather, the information collected by cookies and other automated means is generally about your devices and your activities on your devices, such as search history, IP address, browser used, operating system and settings, access times, opens, clicks, and downloads of our email, and referring URL. If you are using a mobile device, we may also collect data that identifies your device, settings, and frequency of usage. This data may be collected by or shared with our third-party analytics, advertising, and anti-spam partners.
- How We Use Data That Is Collected Automatically:
WPien and its service providers use the automatically collected data described above to provide, advertise, and improve the Services, including to keep track of your preferences and profile information, customize services and content, measure the effectiveness of promotions and digital communications, place our advertisements on other websites, estimate your general location and time zone, protect against malicious activity and spam, and to secure your accounts.
Information We Receive from Third Parties
From time to time, we may collect personal information from third parties such as public websites, social networks, and marketing partners. This information may include names, contact information, email, professional or employment information, and other information which is publicly available.
We may use information collected from third parties for our own promotional or marketing purposes, such as sending prospective clients emails about our Services.
- You may opt-out of marketing communications at anytime by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, clicking the “Unsubscribe” button in the applicable communication, or following “Unsubscribe” instructions included in the applicable communication.
How We Share Your Information
WPien does not sell, rent, or lease your personal data to third parties. We only share your personal data with the following types of service providers for the sole purpose of providing, improving, promoting, and securing the Services:
- IT service providers to store and secure your personal data
- Email and communications processors so we can communicate with you about the Services (for example, through the “Have a question?” tool)
- Payment processors to collect your fees and process payments
- Contractors to provide, market, and improve the Services and answer your questions
- Analytics, tracking, and measurement partners to help us improve the Services
- Advertising partners to place our ads on other websites you visit and manage our web advertising campaigns
- Marketing partners to send you marketing and promotional communications about our Services
We also may share your information as required by law, to investigate potential illegal activities or violations of our Terms of Service or other agreements, to protect the security of our Services and users, or as a result of a merger, acquisition, or assignment with a third party.
Controlling Your Account and Your Rights
To submit a question or concern about how to control, modify, or delete your account or data, contact us at email@example.com. Get in touch with us to cancel your account. Depending on your location, you may have certain legal rights regarding your personal data, including:
- You may request access to your personal data and obtain information about our processing of your personal data, with whom we share your personal data, and your rights.
- You may request that we restrict our processing of your personal data.
- You may object to our processing of your personal data.
- Where we process personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent.
- You may correct personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You may request that we delete your personal data or provide a copy of it to you.
We may request proof of your identity before acting upon any request. To submit a question or concern about your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you live in the EEA, UK, or Switzerland, and you are unsatisfied with our response, you have the right to lodge a complaint regarding your personal data with an applicable supervisory authority.
How We Protect and Store Your Information
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and organizational safeguards designed to protect against loss, misuse, or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the personal data that we collect from you. We restrict access to personal data collected about you to our employees, contractors, and certain third-party service providers as discussed above. Please note, however, that no website or storage mechanism can guarantee 100% security.
Generally, we store your personal data for as long as required to provide the Services to you, and when you cancel your account, we take reasonable steps to delete your personal data within a reasonable period of time. Sometimes, we may retain your information for a period of time after account cancellation to allow you to efficiently reinstate your Services account, if you so choose. We also may retain certain personal data after you cancel your account to the extent necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, for the purpose of fraud monitoring, detection and prevention, and for our tax, accounting, and financial reporting obligations. Where we retain data, we do so in accordance with any limitation periods and records retention obligations that are imposed by applicable law.
Our Services are intended for adults 18 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 16. If we learn that we have collected any personal information from a child under 16, we will take reasonable steps to delete such information. Parents or guardians who believe that their child has submitted personal information to us and would like to have it deleted should contact us at email@example.com.
International Transfers and Privacy Shield
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has jurisdiction over our compliance with the Privacy Shield Frameworks. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including in order to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
EU, UK, and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints should first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have unresolved concerns regarding any personal data that is subject to the Privacy Shield Frameworks that we have not addressed satisfactorily, you may contact JAMS, our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://www.jamsadr.com/file-an-eu-us-privacy-shield-claim. Under certain circumstances, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
Links to Other Websites
We may provide links to other websites as a service to you or in order to provide you additional venues in which you can leverage or share the opportunities of the Services. Please be aware that we have no affiliation with these other parties, and cannot control and are not responsible for their information collection, use, and disclosure practices. Please review and understand their privacy practices and policies, if any, before providing any personal data to them or using any of their services. We are not responsible for the content or information of these third-party sites, any products or services that may be offered through them, or any other use of the sites.